January 8, 2011

Rewind and Refresh

2010 brought many great things.  It was the year I started sewing again, which initiated my hand at blogging. Miss Mango graduated from doggy training, all 3 levels!  Many adventures with family and friends.  Settled into our new home city and did one whole week straight of working out!  (Yes, that is quite an accomplishement for me!)  I'm sure there are many more milestones achieved last year, but its time to think forward to 2011. 

Its also time to be realistic and admit to failures so that I can strive to do better this year - yes, like work out for say 2 weeks!  haha  But for real, my sewing adventures turned out better than expected (oh wait until I show you some pics) as I completed more projects than I have ever completed in a year.  So, for 2011 I have a longer list of projects to begin (and finish) including more quilts.  To go along with that I really want to do more free motion quilting, its just so much fun and just "freeing", if that makes sense. 

Now, for those failures.  Blogging.  I am just amazed at how the many many bloggers out there make it look so easy and effortless.  But let me tell you, I have great respect for those that are able to keep up on a regular basis.  Blogging has been my funk spot.  I would love to hear how you are able to balance the whole working on a project and blogging balance.

Ok, and to show that I haven't been completely slacking on the sewing front, here are some picutres of quilts that I worked on for Christmas presents this year for my neices and nephews.  I was really excited about them and as goes with quilts, spent days on them.  Of course, as goes with me, I didn't start them until about 3 weeks before Christmas ~ did I mention, my goal is to work on Christmas projects in July this year!

Enjoy the pics!


My little helper with Quilt #1 (quilt top)

Finished quilt #1 (top)

Finished quilt #1 (back)
 
Quilt #2 (looks like I needed help with this one too)

Finished quilt #2

Quilt #3 (top) - I have a very committed helper!


Finished quilt #3

Looks like it's a winner!

Finished quilt #4

From the looks of the pictures, I still need to work on taking pictures of the backs of the quilts! 

Wishing you all the best for 2011.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear from you Danae. I spend way too much time blogging and not enough time on housework and other projects. But then I don't have a paid job so I've got heaps more time to spend on blogging.
    Your quilts are lovely and I look forward to seeing what you make this year. Wishng you ad good one.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

It is always great to hear from you!