June 29, 2010

Missing in Action

Where has the time gone! We partially moved 2 weekends ago and that completely topped off an already unorganized home (how you accumulate so much stuff is simply amazing). So, I have been a busy cleaning/organizing machine for the last few weeks trying to make room for stuff that has been in our old home (and unpack boxes from when I moved in back in November, wow!). Although, I am still far from finished! It’s like a never ending process – one box gets moved from one room to another never really finding a home. At the same time I was trying to carve out some space in the spare bedroom for a craft area (versus continuing to hog the dining room) and that has been quite an undertaking. But at least I have a deadline as family is visiting and it would be nice not to have boxes accommodating valuable real estate in our already small home.


To top it off it has been a super busy birthday season. Between mine and my husband’s family it has been a non-stop birthday celebration for pretty close to 7 weeks now. Phew! I’m still running approximately 2 weeks behind schedule with making it to the PO (hahah I know) but better late than never, right?! So between the cleaning/organizing I have made time to sew up a few projects – I have fallen in love with making bags! I think that once I have finalized making our house a home, finally, I am going to start a bag making crusade. I found this book, Carry Me: 20 Boutique Bags to Sew and am absolutely head over heels in love with 99% of the bags in there. So, I think I’m going to set out to make a bag a week until I’ve made them all, well at least 19 of them. Sounds doable, right? Can’t wait!

Here are a few pics of the latest projects.


 

















Well that’s a quick update; I’m still here and didn’t run away! Keep posted for my bag a week adventure.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always great to hear from you!