July 29, 2010

Making Memories

I’m not sure why a vacation always seems so short, but for some reason a vacation day always seems shorter than a work day. Perhaps it’s the built up anticipation and the crammed packed days filled with sightseeing and outings. In any event, vacations are just too short and I am already missing my family.

On my family’s last day with me I just had to throw in a sewing project (or two!). One of the outings that I took them to was the zoo. I haven’t been to the zoo since I was 7 or 8 years old so I was partially excited to experience what I did as a child, but also trepid thinking that it was a little too childish to actually enjoy. Not taking into consideration the 95 degree weather, it was a spectacular day filled with feeding a giraffe, touching a stingray and being mooned by a guerilla! Couldn’t have been any better. As a way of remembering the wonderful day, I whipped up a couple of neck pillows for the kids with some zoo print fabric and my mom, sister and I made matching half aprons with some giraffe print material. What a nice way to end a vacation and create something that is guaranteed long lasting memories.

Now with the house empty, back to sewing to keep my days full and entertained! The Nàe Chic ‘studio’ is ready to re-open afer its sabbatical and begin its adventure of findings its place in the market. Ready or not here we come. Well, maybe not as full force as it might imply, but at least one bag or gift at a time.

Goal 1. Complete a bag this weekend from Carry Me: 20 Boutique Bags to Sew.

Will keep you posted on the progress.

Danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always great to hear from you!