June 21, 2011

My First Sewing Machine

I just got back from a trip up north visiting family.  Although it was a super quick trip, we certainly managed to pack in a lot.  Starting off with some shopping and pedicures to throwing a birthday party and celebrating Fathers day.  Even though it went by all too fast, it was so great to see my family again. 

One of the highlights of the trip was taking a walk down memory lane. One evening a whole slew of old photographs came out of their hiding place and onto the dining table.  There were a lot of laughs, stories told and things long forgotten were remembered.  But mainly a whole lot of laughs!  The crazy plaid outfits, crazy permed hair and the oh so cool high school moments. 

Among all these memories I came across a photo I never knew existed, my very first sewing machine.  I just knew I had to share this photo with you.  The look on my face as I opened the gift just says it all.  Guess I have had a passion for sewing for quite some time and am happy that it is something that has stuck with me.


Now for the other photos, they will almost certianly never be shown!!  Ok, maybe someday I'll break down and publicly show my crazy permed hair! 

Hope every one had a great Fathers Day weekend too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always great to hear from you!